The Spring 2017 issue of SE Watch, our newsletter for private clients, their friends and families, is now available to read online.
This issue features the following articles:
- Tax Discrimination - Under current UK Inheritance Rules, married couples or civil partners can leave their belongings to a loved one without any tax charges. However, siblings or partners who co-habit for many years are discriminated against due to non exception from the tax burden.
- What is Parental Alienation - Parental alienation is when a child rejects their parent, apparently for no reason, and in most cases occurs after or during a relationship break-down. It is important that amicable contact is kept and consistently promoted. Read on to find out more about Parental Alienation and how it affects children in a separation or watch our informative Family Mediation videos.
- Planning permission for self-build properties - Michael Campbell, Associate and specialist in Commercial Property, recently sat down with Ben-Adam Smith of House Planning Help to discuss what to look out for when planning a self-build project. You can listen to the full Podcast stream here. Read on for more information about what planning permission restraints you should look out for...
- Expansion into Linden House - We are proud to announce our expansion into the historic Linden House, a Grade II listed building right in the heart of Banbury Town. The newly refurbished offices not only demonstrate our continued commitment to our clients in the area, but also provides a contemporary environment for Spratt Endicott to grow further.
- Refurbishment of our Bicester offices - We are delighted to welcome clients to its newly refurbished offices situated in the historic Old Courthouse on Sheep Street, Bicester. The Old Courthouse is a grade II listed building, and has been home to a legal practice for more than 40 years.
Please click here to read the new issue. If you would like to receive SE Watch, or any of our other legal updates, directly to your email inbox, please visit our Subscriptions page.